Here at Meta Digital, we often have clients who choose to dive into the content creation for their website themselves. This is really great, after all, who knows your product or service better than you? This being said, writing content for your website can often be a much bigger and more daunting task to take on than you might think. To help ease some stress, we have put together a list of helpful free tools and resources to help you get started:
- Hemingway App – Run your written content through this handy online app to check your writing style. Think of Hemingway as a spellchecker but for you style – it checks for lengthy, complex sentences and common grammar errors.
- Content: A journey not just a destination – This is an article we’ve written in the past that can help you get your head around the importance of the order and flow of your content.
- Coffitivity – According to a peer-reviewed study out of the University of Chicago, “A moderate level of ambient noise is conducive to creative cognition.” In a nutshell, this means being a tiny bit distracted can help you be more creative and stay focused. Coffitivity provide a white noise generator to help you get in the zone.
- WordCounter – Have a certain word count you need to stick to? Or perhaps you need to check you’ve used your keywords often enough to boost your SEO? This tool ranks the most frequently used words in any given body of text while simultaneously counting words and characters.
- Word 2 Clean HTML – You’ll probably be writing the content for your website in a Word document or something similar. Sometimes when you copy content across from these documents into your website it can bring across weird styling that seems impossible to get rid of. Word2CleanHTML is here to save the day! Copy and paste your document into the text editor provided to remove any hidden HTML styling before pasting it in your website.
This list should give you a place to start for the content on your website, but if you need more help please don’t hesitate to contact us today.